Download 43 free review response templates for negative and positive reviewsGet the templates
Is your business gearing up for the upcoming holiday season and its throng of gift-giving shoppers?
If so, you might want to spend some time in actively monitoring and managing your online reviews.
New research from Influence Central shows that consumers this year will be relying on reviews more than ever. According to the study, which took into account the survey responses of more than 500 women, 90 percent of consumers think that online reviews are more important than any information provided by a salesperson.
Influence Central’s research also shows that 88 percent consider online reviews “very influential” when purchasing a new product from a business or brand with which they are not familiar. Meanwhile, 87 percent check online reviews for both online purchases and purchases at brick-and-mortar stores.
Here are other key findings from the study:
- Consumers think they are savvier than ever when it comes to discerning the authenticity of a review. According to the study, 97 percent say they can tell almost all of the time the credibility of a review and spot a fake one; moreover, 90 percent feel certain that they can tell if a reviewer is exaggerating.
- When making a purchase decision, only 3 percent think that reviews are very unimportant, and only 2 percent admit to rarely seeking reviews for a specific product or service that they’re planning to buy.
- Consumers continue to trust reviews over personal recommendations, with only 18 percent trusting recommendations more than they do online reviews.
- Influence Central’s research also found that women consumers shop online 44 percent of the time and at brick-and-mortar stores 36 percent of the time.
- Consumers are also more mobile than ever, with 26 percent reading reviews from their phones and 18 percent from their tablets. Majority still rely on their laptops and desktops, though, with 88 percent checking reviews most often from their computers.
If you’re a business owner, retailer, or marketer, it’s so important that you take on a more active role in monitoring and managing online reviews of your business – especially in preparation for this year’s holidays. Sign up today for a free trial of our reputation management software platform, ReviewTrackers, and discover why tens of thousands of business locations love our product!