Fill Out Your Yelp Pages
You’ll need to add multiple piece of information to your Yelp page such as the services provided, categories, and menu listings (for specific businesses). Each piece of information helps users make an informed decision when comparing similar businesses, and it can also make your page more attractive to other users.
How to Add a Business Category on Yelp
It isn’t enough to just define a business simply as a restaurant or in the automotive industry. Yelp says that categories should be specific as possible that it should “describe the primary activities of the business rather than the entire scope of the business’ activity.”
Yelp allows up to three categories. More Yelp business categories are added every quarter (currently over 1,200), which means that you can change categories at any time.
- Go to the “Business Information” section on your Yelp for Business Owners account and click the “Add another category” link to make the appropriate category changes.
- Click the “Save Changes” button when you’re done.
How to Add, Change, and Delete Photos on Yelp Business Pages
Photos can tell consumers many things about the business — from highlighting specific products and services to showing a sneak peek of the business’ interior. Adding the right photos can make a business more attractive to potential customers.
- Upload photos by going to the “Photos and Videos” section within the Yelp for Business Owners site.
- Click on the “Upload Photos” button to add images to your Page. There doesn’t seem to be a limit to how many photos you can add, but each one must be smaller than 5,000 x 5,000 pixels.
You can also delete any photos you uploaded to the page. However, this doesn’t mean that you can delete images uploaded by Yelp users. Only the person that uploaded the photo in question can delete it.
- Go to the “Photos and Videos” section on Yelp for Business Owners to see all the media content you uploaded to your page.
- Hover the desired image. You should then see a trash can icon. Click it to delete the image from your page.
In addition to content photos, you should also add a profile picture to your Yelp Business Account, which requires approval by Yelp before you can respond to reviews.
- Go to the “Account Settings” tab at the top of the Yelp for Business Owners page and click on the “Account Information” section.
- If you haven’t added a profile picture yet you’ll see a silhouette of a person underneath the “Business Account Information” header. Click on the “Add photo” link below the silhouette. You can also click the “Change Photo” button if you want to update your profile with a new image.
- Upload a photo from your computer and then press the “Add Photo” button when you’re done. Yelp says that your profile picture should be a clear photo of the person representing your business. Otherwise, it won’t be approved and you’ll need to find a new image.
Yelp Business Videos
You can upload a video for their business so long as it’s part of your current ad package on Yelp. Specifically, it shows up as a “featured video” add-on through the Yelp Ads program, but you will need to contact your Customer Success manager for further information. Their contact information is located in the “Billing” section of your Yelp for Business Owners account.
Yelp says that you can’t send them links to the video if it’s hosted on YouTube or other video streaming websites. You’ll need to send the actual video, which shouldn’t exceed 500 MB. Furthermore, the video content shouldn’t last longer than two minutes. Yelp accepts video files in .mp4, .wmv, .mov, and. avi formats.
You can also have Yelp produce a video for you, but that also requires you to request it as part of Yelp Ads. Yelp uses two video vendors for video production, and you’ll need to contact them for additional information, questions, and pricing. They are:
SmartShoot (877) 559-9898
StudioNow (615) 577-9400
Your standard Yelp user can also upload their own videos of a business through the mobile app. They can press the “Take video” button, which is within the “Add photo” link on a Yelp page and then tap the red circle on the screen to start recording footage.
Yelp will automatically import menu data for businesses that have menus on the Eat24 and SinglePlatform databases. It should be noted that Eat24 is now part of Grubhub, but the Eat24 brand is shutting down at some point in the future.
Those without an Eat24 or SinglePlatform account can still add a menu to their Yelp page by copy and pasting a link of the menu from their own website.
- Sign in to the Yelp for Business Owners site and click on the “Your Business” tab on top of the page.
- Go to the “Business Information” section and click on the “Edit” link next to the “Basic Information” section.
- Paste the menu link from the business’ website into the text field labeled “Services Web Address” or “Menu Web Address.”
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page to confirm your changes. Yelp will review the changes to make sure it’s correct and accurate.
Yelp users can also suggest edits and corrections. One way to do so is through the general information card, which is below the rating on a Yelp page.
- Click on the “Edit” link on a Yelp page’s general information card.
- A separate page will open, and you can add the right menu URL in the “Menu Web Address” text field.
- Click “Submit Changes” when you’re done.
Another option for users is to go to the “Menu” section on the right-hand side of the page. From there, they can view the full menu on Yelp and tell Yelp about any errors on the current menu.
- On the menu section of a Yelp page, click on the “View the full menu” link. This will take you to a separate page that contains the business’ full menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. A “Submit corrections” link should appear above the site footer section. Click the link to leave feedback.
- You can either select the “Items incorrect/offered” or the “Wrong menu for this business” option in the dropdown menu that appears. You can leave additional text feedback to make it easier for Yelp moderators to see the incorrect menu information.
- Click “Send Feedback” when you’re done.
Yelp Business Services
Yelp recently launched a new Service Offerings section for business pages, which will allow you to tell customers the types of services available at a business. Not only does this better inform the consumer, but it also brings better queries to your attention.
Service Offerings are tied to the Categories selected for the business, and it seems like you can add as many of these “sub-categories” as you want. The more specific you are in your provided services, the better.
- Go to the “Business Information” tab on the Yelp for Business Owners Page and find the “Categories and Services” section.
- You can add the business services by clicking on the “Add services” link underneath each of the business’ main categories.
How to Change Your Hours on Yelp Business
You can set your operating hours to any desired range, but Yelp says that it should correspond to the initial set of information reflected in a business’ website, menu, store window, or other physical locations.
- Go to the “Business Information” section on Yelp for Business Owners and click the “Edit” link next to the “Hours” section to make the appropriate time changes.
- You can also create a set of unique hours for holidays or special events by adding the specific dates and hours in the “Special Hours” section.
- Click the “Save Changes” button when you’re done.
History and Manager/Owner Descriptions
This section allows you to give more information to a Yelp user such as a business’ specialties, history, and background on the owner or manager.
These are free services for most businesses on Yelp, but those with nine or more locations will have to fork over money to add information on the business history and specialties.
These descriptions will immediately appear on the page, but Yelp moderators will review it to make sure it meets content guidelines. If they find that it doesn’t meet standards then the description is rejected and any changes made will revert.
- Edit the description in the “History” and “Meet the Owner/Manager” sections within the “Business Information” tab. You can click on the “Add” button in each section to create a new description. If you already have existing descriptions then you can click on the “Edit” link instead.
- When you’re done, click “Save Changes” to confirm your work.
How to Send Messages on Yelp Business
Those who claimed their Yelp business page automatically allow customers to contact them on the platform via the “Message the Business” or “Request a Quote” button on their listing. This starts a private conversation between you and that specific customer.
These buttons are automatically available for any claimed listing, but if you don’t respond to new messages in the past seven days and don’t respond to other messages in the past 30 days then Yelp will disable the button. You can reactivate it by responding to existing messages or click on the “mark as replied” status on the message.
You can also toggle the feature on or off by going to your “Inbox” tab on the Yelp for Business Owners site.
- In the “Inbox” tab, click the gear icon on the top-left corner of the page.
- If you don’t have any messages in your Inbox you can press the link that says “Click here to enable messaging.”
- Select the “Enabled” or “Disable” option from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Save” to finalize your changes.
Having the correct business name, address, and phone number (NAP) on a Yelp listing can provide long-term benefits, especially if the business has listings across multiple sites.
Correct NAP information makes it easier for potential customers to either contact you or find the exact location of the business and eliminates confusion with other establishments that might have the same name or be in the same area.
Consistency is key here, but so is meeting Yelp’s guidelines for each of the NAP elements.
Name: The entry should reflect how most customers would refer to the business. If the business is part of a larger franchise, you shouldn’t include its store number.
You should also avoid secondary and tertiary information that is already in other parts of the page such as categories, keywords, or the specific neighborhood.
For example, don’t say “McDonald’s Beverly Hills,” just say “McDonald’s.”
To add or change the business name on Yelp:
- Go to the “Business Information” section on Yelp for Business Owners and click the “Edit” link in the “Basic Information” section to make the appropriate name changes.
- Click the “Save Changes” button when you’re done.
Address: For most Yelp listings, a full address is required, which includes things like the building number, street name, city, state, and zip code.
Some businesses, such as local service providers, don’t need to put in their full address, but a zip code is still required. Yelp discourages the use of residential addresses for a business unless you want it exposed to the public. To add or change a phone number:
- Go to the “Business Information” section on Yelp for Business Owners and click the “Edit” link in the “Basic Information” section to make the appropriate address changes.
- Click the “Save Changes” button when you’re done.
Phone number: The number you put in this field should be a direct line to the business, and it should be easily reachable by anyone on your team. Extensions or numbers for national call centers aren’t allowed on a listing. Yelp might also reject cell phone numbers or tracking numbers. To add or change a phone number:
- Go to the “Business Information” section on Yelp for Business Owners and click the “Edit” link in the “Basic Information” section to add or make changes to the phone number.
- Click the “Save Changes” button when you’re done.
Having the correct NAP information above isn’t just for Yelp users. It also helps those looking for the business on search engines like Google.
Google prioritizes local businesses that have correct, consistent NAP information across reviews sites and directories. If your NAP information is in good shape, you’ll rank higher.
There’s also a secondary benefit. Other directory sites will gather data from sites like Yelp. Correct information on Yelp will aggregate on other third party sites, which further improves your SEO standing.
Of course, the opposite is true. Incorrect info from Yelp may get copied and posted elsewhere. So make sure your Yelp listing is accurate.
Yelp Health Score
As part of the ongoing effort to provide more information to customers, Yelp expanded its Health Score program in July 2018 across 42 states. This provides valuable information to customers in the form of health inspection reports, which is shown on a listing as a score out of 100 points.
Yelp gathers data from local governments as well as from a site called HDScores, which collects data from your local health department.
If your local government doesn’t have health inspection scores for a business, HDScores will create a score based on previous inspection data, which could lead to inaccurate health scores. In this case, you should contact your local health department or HDScores to remedy the issue.
- View the contact information by clicking on your listing’s Health Score.
- You should find an email or website link that provides contact information for you to update the current score.
- Yelp also noted that listings that have scores created by HDScores are calculated based on other restaurants in the area.
Yelp Business Service Areas
Some businesses don’t have a fixed location because they constantly move around (food trucks are a great example). A Yelp listing is still available for these mobile businesses, but you’ll need to create a “Service Area” range to show where it will operate in a specific area.
The Service Area option is only available to businesses that have specific categories listed on their page. If a business with the Service Area feature also includes an address on the page, you can hide it to prevent customers from visiting that specific location.
You can add or edit a Service Area from the “Business Information” section of the Yelp for Business Owners website.
- Scroll down until you find the “Service Area” section in the “Basic Information” tab and click the “Yes” button underneath the question that asks, “Do you service customers at their location?”
- Type in the names of the cities where you provide service. You can include up to 6 major cities to your service, and each Service Area is limited to a 50-mile radius or a 100-mile diameter between the two further points in each area. Any area larger than Yelp’s limit needs to be displayed as a photo on your page’s Specialities section.
- Click “Save Changes” to confirm your selections.
You can create loyal customers and incentivize more visits with Check-in Offers, which can appear every time a customer uses the Yelp app on their phone to check in to the business.
Each check-in by a Yelp user will also tell their friends on the platform about the business they visited. Keep in mind that Check-in Offers are only available to business that have specific categories on their pages. To set up the offers:
- Go to the “Business Information” section on Yelp for Business Owners. Find the “Check-in Offers” section and click the “Create a Check-in Offer” button.
- Use the dropdown menu underneath the “Offer Type” title. You can choose to take a specific price or percent off an item or service, set a fixed price, or make it a free item.
- Fill in the offer title information in “Headline” text field. You can also to write additional details in the “Optional Details” section.
- You can also use this section to see a preview of the offer before it goes live. When you’re satisfied, click the “Create Offer” button to publish it.
- You can make additional changes or delete the offer altogether by clicking the “Edit” or “Remove” links next to the live offer on the “Check-in Offers” section.
Yelp’s Transaction Platform
The Yelp Transaction Platform allows users to utilize multiple services such as making reservations or ordering food directly from the Yelp app. These services include third-party platforms such as Yelp Nowait, Grubhub, Booksy, and Doctor.com. The full list of partners is available on Yelp’s support page.
If you’re already partnered with one of these platforms, then Yelp’s Transaction Platform feature should be automatically available on the business page. If you want to want to opt out of these features or add them to the page, then you’ll need to speak to the partner provider directly.
You can also check which partners have services on your page by acting as a customers and seeing where the service buttons lead outside of Yelp.
Yelp also offers its own reservation system, appropriately-called Yelp Reservations. The software can attract customers because it doesn’t charge additional fees for setup, web access, and even for each seat filled through Yelp Reservations. It even provides a free iPad for your incoming reservations. Yelp Reservations is a flat monthly fee of $249 per month.
Most of your interactions with Yelp Reservations are through its dashboard with actions such as creating a top-down render of the business’ floor plan. Please note that this entire process is only available through Yelp’s website and not through the iPad app.
- Go to the “Configure” tab, which is on the main sidebar in the Yelp Reservations dashboard.
- Click on the “Rooms” tab at the top of the page. You can now click on either “Create New Room” or “Edit Room” to draw up a new floor plan or edit an existing template.
- Those creating a new room will now enter a name for the brand new template.
- A blank floor plan appears and you can drag and drop the desired number of tables onto the floor. You can also click on each table to rotate it, delete it, change its shape, or alter its overall capacity.
- With the right floor plan in place you can click on the “Save New Room” or “Save” button to finalize it.
Before a room is available for reservations, you’ll need to add it to a sheet. You can create these sheets to show employees which tables or rooms are available during a shift. You will also need to schedule the sheet to allow reservations.
- Go to the “Configure” tab within the Yelp Reservations dashboard and click on the “Sheets” tab.
- Click on “Create New Sheet” and then enter the sheet’s name, the shift time, and the first and last seating times.
- You can also adjust additional advanced settings within a sheet if necessary. This includes:
- Pacing: you can restrict the number of online reservations to prevent an overflow.
- Turn Times: this is your prediction of how long each service should take based on the party size.
- Override Global CC Hold: activate this option to make it a requirement that a credit card is needed to hold the reservation under your specific conditions.
- Sheet Notes: these are additional notes to better inform customers during the booking process.
- Cutoff Time: this is a specified time set by you to determine when the sheet should stop taking online reservations.
- With the sheet details done, you’ll have to assign a room/floor plan to it by clicking the “Assign Room” button. You can assign multiple rooms on a single sheet, and dictate which tables are available for online booking, in-house reservations, or unavailable for any reservations.
- Click the “Save” button to confirm your changes.
Last but not least, you’ll need to schedule the sheet for specific sheets in order to start taking reservations. This will tell your staff about the specific tables and details available at different times of the day.
- Go to the Yelp Reservations dashboard and click on the “Configure” tab. Click on the “Schedule” tab on this section to take you to the dashboard’s Calendar.
- Select the dates for your sheets and click the “Add Sheet” (in some cases it will be “Edit Sheet,” “Replace Sheet”, or “Delete Sheet”) for the specific service time of the day: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, or Dinner.
- You can choose to only add a specific sheet for this one day or if it should repeat on the same day every week.
- Click the “Schedule” button to finalize your changes and repeat the process as needed for other specific dates or days of the week.
With your floor plans, sheets, and schedule out of the way you can finally open reservations through the Yelp Reservations dashboard.
- Click on the “Configure” tab in the sidebar and click on the “Reservations” tab at the top of the page.
- Toggle the “Accept Online Reservations” to “ON.”
- Activate other settings on an as-needed basis. A reservation widget should appear on the Yelp business page.
You can now toggle reservations on the iPad app by tapping on the “Book” or “Grid” tab, going to the “Options” icon on the bottom-right of the screen, and toggle the “Allow Online Reservations” status.
You can also integrate Yelp Reservations to your website or Facebook Page. This should make it easier for those who found out more about the business on non-Yelp platforms.
To set up a Yelp Reservations button for your website:
- Go to the Yelp Reservations dashboard and go to the “Configure” tab in the sidebar. Afterward, click the “Widget” tab at the top of the page.
- Multiple variants of the “Reserve Now” button are available to use. Click the one that appeals to you.
- You should now see HTML code for the button. Copy and paste it onto your website.
You can also add a Yelp Reservations calendar widget, which can also help customers find specific reservations dates.
- Go to the Yelp Reservations dashboard and go to the “Configure” tab in the sidebar. Afterwards, click the “Widget” tab at the top of the page.
- You should see a set of instructions for creating a custom widget.
- A custom HTML code should appear for your widget. You can copy and paste it onto your website. For WordPress users, you can follow the additional instructions to install the widget before copy and pasting it onto your site.
The Yelp Reservations button appears as a “Book Now” call to action button on a business’ Facebook Page, which you can also advertise to attract more potential customers.
- Click the “Add a Button” option below the cover photo.
- Go to the “Book our Services” section and select the “Book Now” options.
- Facebook will then ask for a URL address. You can find the reservation-specific address by going to the Yelp Reservations dashboard. Go to the “Configure” section on the sidebar and click the “Widget” tab at the top of the page.
- Copy the blue-colored URL on this page and paste back onto the Facebook setup screen.
- Click “Add Button” to finalize the process.
Yelp Call to Action
What is Yelp Call to Action? It’s a feature designed to help businesses on Yelp promote a desired transaction directly from their business page.
The desired transaction can be anything from scheduling an appointment, printing out a coupon, or buying tickets to an event. The offer appears on the listing, and is designed to attract people who are ready to make a spending decision.
As part of Yelp’s advertising program, Yelp Call to Action enables you to write free-form text and use an action button to help convert Yelp users into paying customers. It links consumers directly to an order form, coupon, or page on your own website.
Consumers can view and use your Call to Action button on both desktop and mobile devices, and you can have separate offers for desktop and mobile running at the same time.
According to Yelp, business pages with a Call to Action button deliver:
- An average increase of 33 percent more user views
- 38 percent more customer leads
Yelp is selling the Call to Action feature to businesses as a form of advertising. According to Entrepreneur, Yelp’s local business advertising packages typically cost between $300 and $1,000 per month. Each business can customize the products or services it wants to promote.
How to Add Yelp Call to Action
The Call to Action feature is included in some of Yelp’s advertising programs. To see if it’s currently available in your program, visit the Billing section of your Yelp for Business Owners account.
If it’s available and you’d like to enable it, contact your Customer Success Manager at Yelp. You’ll find their contact information in the Billing section, too.
How to Edit Yelp Call to Action
You can edit your Call to Action by going to the Call to Action section of your Yelp for Business Owners account. Click edit. Please note that any edits are subject to approval, which may take 2 to 3 business days.
Yelp Call to Action: Best Practices and Guidelines
Choose a unique Call to Action. Don’t pick an action that isn’t already possible on your Yelp page. If you already have a widget or link that enables Yelp users to book a table reservation or call your office, there’s no need to use Yelp Call to Action for those types of transactions.
Engage your visitors. Your Call to Action shouldn’t simply be a source of information or important announcements. While “Live Band Every Saturday” or “Happy Hour at 5 PM Daily” seems like very useful info, there wouldn’t be much reason for visitors to click your Call to Action. Give customers a good reason to click on the button, and deliver a good experience when they do.
Test it. Third-party links are not allowed in Yelp Call to Action. Links outside of Yelp should land on a page on your own website. Once you add a Call to Action, don’t forget to test it. Also, make sure that it’s mobile-optimized to best convert visitors into customers (and be sure to test it on mobile to make sure it works).
Measure your success. Make an effort to track (via your Yelp for Business Owners account) how many additional customer leads your Call to Action Button is generating. Then finetune your message to attract more customers.
Yelp Call to Action Example
One business known to make use of Yelp Call to Action is Ticketmaster, an American ticket sales and distribution company. Ticketmaster is implementing the feature on their Yelp listings by offering their page visitors (both on Yelp desktop and mobile) an instant way to purchase event tickets from the Ticketmaster page.
Yelp Call to Action is an exciting opportunity to promote your business on Yelp, where online reviews and ratings continue to make an impact on the behavior of consumers.
If you’re receiving more negative feedback than positive, Call to Action is at least a way to turn people’s frowns and rants into smiles and raves. If your Yelp listing is generating generally positive reviews and high ratings, the feature offers an additional way to maximize the potential impact of your Yelp business page and attract even more new customers.
Verify Your Business on Yelp
Like the CTAs, getting a verified badge on a Yelp business page requires participation in the Yelp Ads program. Specifically, it’s classified as a business upgrade to your advertising package. However, some businesses see it as a vital part of their online presence.
Becoming “Yelp Verified” means that the company’s moderating team checked “the business’ trade license and confirmed that it was in good standing.”
This type of verification can further cement a business’ standing in the eyes of consumers, which might lead to more exposure and customers. Users can also click on badge details to see further details about the license and the governing body that issued it.
- To sign up for the program you’ll need to give Yelp specific information including your trade license number and the issuing authority. Yelp says that only trade licenses qualify for the program, which means that traditional business licenses, tax documents, and other license formats won’t be accepted.
- Moderators will then check your information against the issuing authority’s information to confirm its validity and good standing. The same team will check multiple license databases to add the data for businesses that don’t immediately produce their license information during the initial sign-up phase. The process can take up to five days, but any information provided by the business can help expedite it.
- If all the information is correct you should get a notification of the approval and the badge will appear shortly on the page. In some instances, an application can be rejected. Some reasons include:
- A license wasn’t found.
- The license information found didn’t match the information on Yelp.
- The license provided doesn’t meet the Yelp Verified criteria.
- The license found is expired, revoked, or invalid in some other way.
Yelp Deals and Gift Certificates
You can further entice customers by offering deals and gift certificates for purchase directly from your Yelp page. These should obviously be available for any of the products or services offered in the business, but they should also be carefully worded so that it can’t be combined with other promotions or that specific products or services are exempt from the deal.
Deals and Gift Certificates are in their own section when you log in to the Yelp for Business Owners website.
- Click the “Set up Deals and Gift Certificates” button in the “Deals and Gift Certificates” section.
- You will then have to choose the number of vouchers for the deal, a set price, any special terms and conditions that go along with the deal.
- Prior to the deal’s publication, you’ll also need to agree to Yelp’s Merchant Terms.
- Click the “Post this Deal” button to publish the link.
When making a Deal offer, Yelp will also offer you the ability to make a Gift Certificate to accompany it. The setup is nearly identical to the Deal offers.
- Click the “Add Gift Certificates” button in the “Deals and Gift Certificates” section.
- You will then have to choose the price included in the certificate as well as the result of unused balances in the certificate.
- Review and agree to Yelp’s Merchant Terms, and then click the “Post this Deal” button to publish the link.
The photos that show up for your Deals are automatically generated by Yelp, which unfortunately means that you can’t change them.
You can see the list of customers who purchased a Deal by looking in the “Purchases” tab in the “Deals and Gift Certificates” section. You won’t see their contact information here, but if they write a review about the business you can respond to them in that section.
Those using the Yelp mobile app can automatically redeem their Deal by presenting it at the restaurant. All you need to do is confirm the terms of the Deal and then tap on the “Mark as Used” button on their app. If they bring in an email receipt or a print version of the Deal you can still mark it as used by typing in the Deal’s six-character code in the Yelp for Business Owners website.
- Go the “Purchases” tab in the “Deals and Gift Certificates” section.
- Type the code into the “Claim code” text field.
- Click the “Redeem” button to confirm it.
Yelp will also accept refunds from customers that don’t want to use their Yelp Deal or unsatisfied with their purchase. During this process Yelp will first check to see if the Deal was redeemed.
Make sure that you immediately record a Deal as redeemed once it’s presented at the business to make sure that any refund request is accurate. If a customer has an issue with redeeming a Deal, you should tell them to contact Yelp’s Support team.
It should be noted that Yelp doesn’t automatically cancel a Deal if the customer violates its terms. However, you aren’t obligated to accept the Deal if they don’t follow the terms written in the deal. In this case, you should encourage them to contact the Yelp Support team for a refund.
Any profits you earned from Deals or Certificates are processed by Yelp on the fifteenth day of each month and then mailed to you. Yelp will send these payments to address listed in the “Payouts” tab within the “Deals and Gift Certificates” section on the Yelp for Business Owners site. To change or update this address:
- Go to the “Payouts” tab in the “Deals and Gift Certificates” section.
- You should see a button that says “Edit payout information.” Click that and update your address.
- Click the “Save” button to confirm the changes.
You can have payments manually sent to you more than once per month by clicking the “Request payment” button in the “Payouts” tab. Keep in mind that it may take up to 10 days for Yelp to process the payment in addition to the mail transit time, which can vary depending on the payment address. You can see a history of the payments sent to you in the “Payouts” tab.
If sales from your Deals and Gift Certificates exceed $599 for the year, Yelp will need to fill out additional tax forms before you receive payment. These forms will require you to submit a Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number. You can add this information through the “Billing” section of your Yelp for Business Owners website.
- In the “Billing” section click on the “Edit” or “Add Tax Information” buttons.’
- Add or update your Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number.
- Confirm your address and hit the “Save tax information” to finalize your changes.
Yelp’s Eat24 for Business
Yelp veterans might still associate Eat24 with Yelp, but that is no longer the case. In 2017, Yelp sold Eat24 to Grubhub for $287.5 million. Now Grubhub is removing the Eat24 brand completely with most of the accounts on Eat24 transferring to the main Grubhub brand.
Yelp’s main relationship with Grubhub in terms of food deliveries through its Transaction Platform seems to be unaffected in this change.