Facebook Page reviews have the power to bring more customers for any business. In fact, Facebook is one of the top five sites that consumers check before they visit a business.
Most people today have a personal Facebook account, and it only makes sense to allow users to leave their review of a business on the same platform. Here’s how to set it up.
One thing to note: If you haven’t already, we suggest creating or claiming a business Page. If you have multiple locations, you can create an efficient multi-Page management system on Facebook Business Manager.
From Ratings to Recommendations
The old method of reviews, specifically the star ratings, are gone from Facebook. In its place is a new system called Recommendations, which makes the review process simpler for users while also providing more details than traditional reviews.
With this new method, a query field appears on a business Page’s “Recommendations and Reviews” section. It asks the question: “Do you recommend (business name)?”
Users can answer by pressing the “Yes” or “No” button. They can also add tags, photos, and more text to bring more context to their recommendation.
Set up Facebook Reviews and Recommendations for Your Page
By default, reviews and Recommendations are activated when you create a Page. If, for some reason, it isn’t available when the Page is created you can turn it on manually.
- Click on the “Settings” button on the top-right corner of the Page.
- A new window should appear. Click on the “Templates and Tabs” section.
- Click the “Settings” button next to the Reviews sign on the page.
- If you can’t see the Reviews sign, you can add it to the list by clicking on the “Add a Tab” button at the bottom of the page.
- Toggle the “Show Reviews” option to ON.
To make it easier for people to leave feedback, you should make sure that people see the Reviews section on the left side of the page. Thankfully, you can actually change the order of the sections in this area through the “Templates and Tabs” section in the Page’s settings. Drag the three-lined icon next to the section name to change the order.
Should I Respond to a Facebook Review?
The short answer is yes. Here’s why.
By responding, you show customers that you care about their feedback. In fact, 80 percent of consumers feel this way. Responses can also help you win over a significant percentage (45 percent, to be exact) of potential customers.
Any review, whether or not it includes additional text feedback, appears like a post in the Reviews section. This means you can respond to any review on a Page by commenting on it. Before you do so, make sure you’re responding with the business’ Facebook account and not your personal one.
There’s a small dropdown menu next to the Share button on each review. Make sure that you select the business account. Otherwise, your response will come from an individual and not from the the business.
You can create responses for reviews through the Page. However, it seems like you can’t formulate and post responses through Facebook Business Manager.
For some real-world context, check out our examples of some of the best reviews responses from companies. Make sure you also keep an eye on the Facebook Business Page Analytics page to see how your responses affect things like overall reach, followers, and even Likes.
Can I Delete a Facebook Review?
Currently, you can’t delete individual reviews off your Facebook page. The only option is to disable the review feature in the the Page settings section.
- In the “Settings” section, click on the “Templates and Tabs” button.
- You should then see a series of sections on the screen. Click on the “Settings” button next to “Reviews.”
- A smaller window should pop-up below this section. Next to “Show Reviews,” toggle the switch from On to Off.
Turning this off might not be the best idea because it removes any positive reviews the business might have accumulated throughout the years.
How do I prevent people from writing reviews of my business on a different Page?
In some cases, some Facebook users might leave reviews on an unofficial business Page or a Page not run by the actual business itself. One way to prevent this issue is to verify your Facebook business Page.
With a verified Page, you can help potential and existing customers find your official account – instead of duplicates or accounts. Verified business Pages will also show up higher in search results.
To get verified, you have to be an admin of the Page, have posts, and include a profile and cover photo on the Page. If you meet the criteria, you can sign up for verification.
- Click the “Settings” button at the top-right corner of the Page.
- Under the “General” section, click on “Page Verification” and then hit the “Verify this Page” button.
- The form then asks you to enter a publicly listed phone number for the business. You’ll also have to tell Facebook the business’ country of origin and primary language.
- Afterwards, click the “Call Me Now” button. Facebook will call the number you listed and provide a verification code.
- Type the code into the window on your screen and click Continue.
You can also opt to verify the Page with documents by clicking the “Verify this Page with documents instead” option. You’ll need to upload a picture of an official document that displays the business name and address.
In both cases, Facebook will review the information provided to see if it matches public records. You’ll get a notification or email about its status in a few days.