Download 43 free review response templates for negative and positive reviewsGet the templates
Learning how to claim a Facebook business Page is crucial for any business. A Page can make it easy for those already on Facebook to easily reach the business, learn more about its products or services, and read their Facebook reviews.
Creating a Page also increases a business’ overall exposure. There are 2.23 billion monthly active users on Facebook, which makes it one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet.
By claiming a Page, any business can attract new customers and provide an easier avenue for people to leave reviews.
Claiming a Page with Facebook Business Manager
The process for claiming a page is simple through Facebook Business Manager (FBM). This is because multiple options for Pages are available through the appropriately-named “Pages” tab.
- Head to the “Business Settings” section and click on the “Pages” tab.
- Click on “Accounts” and then hit the “Pages” button, which shows all of the Pages under your supervision.
- Click on the “Add new Pages” button, which is on the right side of the screen.
- From there, you can click on one of three options: Add a Page, Request Access to a Page, or Create a New Page.
- When adding or requesting access to a Page, you will need to enter the Page name or URL.
Once you claimed the appropriate Pages, you can manage them yourself or delegate others to do it within FBM. If need be, you can also use FBM to remove a page, but be warned that a Page won’t be removed from FBM if it’s connected to other assets that exist within FBM.
How to Claim a Facebook Business Page with a Personal Facebook Account
If you don’t use FBM, you can still create or request a page for a business with your own Facebook account.
Create a New Page
With a Page, any business can increase brand awareness and exposure through text posts, photos, videos, and other forms of engagement. Fortunately, the setup process won’t take too much of your time. However, you will need a Facebook account to start the process.
- Once you’re logged in, you can press the Create button on the bar at the top of the screen and click on the Page button.
- You should now be on the Create a Page section where you can click on the “Get Started” button under the “Business or Brand” option.
- You will then have to fill out a form that asks you to create a Page name and its category.
- The final two steps will ask you to add a profile and cover photo. You can skip these options if you don’t have photos ready. However, we recommend you add these images as soon as possible.
- Facebook recommends a 320 x 320 image for profile pictures, and a minimum width of 720 pixels for cover photos.
Now you should see your brand new Page. It’s barren at the moment, but there are plenty of opportunities to spruce it up. The first thing we recommend you do is to go to the “About” through the navigation bar, which is located underneath the profile picture.
Here, you can click on the “Edit Page Info” button on the right corner of the page to add crucial information that makes it easier for customers to find your business. This includes:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Physical address
- Hours of operation
You can add all this information at a later date, of course, but it should be one of the most important steps when creating a new page. A report revealed that 37 percent of consumers won’t consider a business with inaccurate information.
Claim an Unmanaged Page
In some cases, an unmanaged Page might already exist for a business. This might be the result of one of two scenarios:
- Someone checked in to a business that didn’t have a Page, which automatically creates a Page.
- A Page was generated from a Wikipedia article. (You’ll know that it was created this way if there is a Wikipedia logo at the bottom of the Page’s left column).
In both cases you can easily claim the Page by clicking on the “Is this your business?” button below the cover photo. From there, you’ll follow the on-screen instruction to get the Page under your control.
You might also have to verify your relationship to the business in question by providing important information such as its phone number, email address, or additional documents.
If someone else is actively controlling the page in an admin role, you can contact them directly and ask to be added as an admin.
The First Step
One other option to claim a Page is by converting your existing profile into a business Page. However, most businesses will go about creating their own page instead (probably because it’s an easier process). If you want to go through the conversion process, you can learn more on Facebook’s Migrate page.
Learning how to claim a Facebook business Page is an important first step for a business’ digital footprint on Facebook. By taking advantage of all of the features that a Page has to offer, a business can widen its exposure and attract customers with special deals, video content, or with the new Recommendations feature.