Online review sites are showcasing the most noteworthy local businesses in America by releasing their respective “Best Of” lists for 2015.
Most recently, restaurant review site and reservations platform OpenTable announced its list of the “Most Romantic Restaurants in America” – just in time for those who are making preparations for Valentine’s Day this February. Part of the OpenTable’s 2015 Diners’ Choice Awards program (#DinersChoice), the “Most Romantic” list takes into account over 5 million restaurant reviews and opinions of verified OpenTable diners for more than 20,000 restaurants in the U.S.
To determine winners, OpenTable first identified the restaurants with the minimum overall rating and number of qualifying reviews, before they were sorted according to their ratings in the “romantic” category.
The list includes favorites like La Grenouille in New York, Canlis in Seattle, the French Room in Dallas, Red Fish Grill in Miami, the Sky Room in Long Beach, and Addison at the Grand del Mar in San Diego. You may click here to view the full list.
Describing the winning restaurants, OpenTable Chief Dining Officer Caroline Potter said, “From amazing ambience and deft service to sumptuous culinary creations and delightful confections, these honorees are experts at creating intimate meals to remember.”
Just a few weeks earlier, OpenTable revealed the top 100 best restaurants in the US, which was also a result of collecting and analyzing online reviews posted by diners on the site. Its #DinersChoice top 10 were ranked as follows:
- SeaBlue Restaurant and Wine Bar, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Sushi Nakazawa-Sushi Bar, New York, New York
- Fearrington House Restaurant, Pittsboro, North Carolina
- n/naka, Los Angeles, California
- St. Francis Winery & Vineyards, Santa Rosa, California
- Ski Tip Lodge, Keystone, Colorado
- Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort, East Harwich, Massachusetts
- Kai – Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Chandler, Arizona
- The French Room, Dallas, Texas
- Highlands Bar and Grill, Birmingham, Alabama
Since its launch in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 700 million diners around the world via its online reservations system, which covers more than 32,000 restaurants.
If you’re a restaurateur or F&B exec, be sure to check out these great resources:
- Maximize Your Mobile Site
- Improve Your Social Media Game
- Requesting Online Reviews but Having Trouble Collecting E-mail Addresses? Here are 4 Secrets Restaurateurs Use
(Image credit: OpenTable)