Most restaurateurs already know to include their menus on many business review sites, but it is absolutely vital to take time to add your menu to your Facebook Page.
Adding a menu to your Facebook Page doesn’t just complete a restaurant’s online presence; it’s also a valuable method of customer acquisition. Potential customers who otherwise may not know about your restaurant outside of Facebook can easily browse your menu and make a better-informed dining decision based on your offerings.
Before adding a menu to your Facebook Page make sure you take steps to learn how to claim your Facebook business page. You won’t be able to add a menu without doing this first.
How to Add and Edit Your Menu on a Facebook Page
To add a menu, you’ll need to go to your Facebook business Page by clicking on the “Pages” tab on the left side of the screen. Once you are at your restaurant’s Page:
- Click on “About” on the left side of the screen.
- Under the “More Info” section, click on “Add Menu.”
- Choose to upload a photo or PDF file of your menu.
- Click “Confirm” when your menu is uploaded.
Once uploaded, you can add further details to your menu, including pickup, delivery, and payment options. You can also include information about the specific type of food offered at your restaurant. If you want to edit your menu, just follow the same instructions above.
As you are adding your menu, keep in mind the following menu guidelines set by Facebook. Failure to follow these guidelines could mean the removal of your menu from your Page.
- Menus must include a list of multiple items for sale with a text title for each item. Listing prices is optional.
- The menu items must be readable in the photo or PDF.
- If your menu has more than one page, each page of your menu must include multiple items.
- The maximum size for the photo or PDF file is 1 MB.
How to Delete A Menu from Your Facebook Page
You also have the option to remove a menu on your Facebook Page in a few easy steps.
- Go to the “About” tab on the left-hand side menu on the Page.
- Scroll down to the “More Info” section and hover over the “See Menu” link and then click the “Edit” link.
- Click on the X on the top right corner of the photo or PDF menu you uploaded to delete it.
- Click “Confirm” to finalize your changes.
Sharing Your Menu from Your Facebook Page
Once your menu is uploaded, a QR code will be generated for it, which can be useful for sharing menu details online and in person. To view it:
- Click on “Menu” on the left side of your restaurant’s Facebook Page.
- Click “View QR code” to see the code.
- Click “Download” to prepare it for sharing.
Why Learn How to Add Menus on Your Facebook Page?
Having restaurant menus on a Facebook Page is a crucial part of elevating the customer experience for new and returning diners alike. Customer reviews data shows that 93% of consumers will look at a menu before dining out. Furthermore, 77% of diners prefer peer reviews over critic reviews when it comes to choosing a restaurant, and Facebook and Google combined hold 76% of all reviews.
In other words, people are looking to these sites in large numbers to make an informed decision before they dine. By adding a menu to your Facebook business Page on top of showing Facebook reviews, you can provide consumers immediate relevant information, so that they don’t disengage from your Page and search elsewhere.