Learning how to add photos to your Facebook business Page or through Facebook Business Manager is important, but so is creating and uploading video content. Videos can supplement photos and add even more visual appeal to a Page.
Fortunately for businesses, Facebook allows multiple forms of video content for its 1.49 billion daily active users to consume, including:
How to Upload Video on a Facebook Page
The process of adding a video to a Facebook business Page is easy, and it only takes a few clicks to set up. On your Page, click on the “Photo/Video” icon underneath the large “Create Post” button to begin the process.
- Select the video you want to upload from the pop-up window showing the files from your computer.
- Add the title of the video. You also have the option to write a description and provide specific tags.
- Enter additional information about the video. On the right hand column of the Page, you can tweak various options for your video such as the thumbnail used, distribution options, and even the addition of subtitles. Click the “Next” button and then the subsequent “Finish” button to complete the process.
Keep in mind that this is not the only way Facebook allows you to upload videos to your Page. While logged in to Facebook and visiting your own Page, you can click on the “Publishing Tools” option on the left side of the Page. From there, click on the “Video Library” section from the long list of available tools on the left side of the screen. A video library of your previous uploads are available here. Click on the blue “Upload” button on the top right corner of the video library to upload your new video.
If you’re using Facebook’s Creator Studio tool, you can also upload videos to your Page in an even simpler way. Just click on the “+” button on any Page, select the “Video” option, and select the video you want to add. Creator Studio also lets you upload multiple videos at the same time, which can come in handy if you manage multiple Pages.
Regardless of the methods you choose to upload videos on Facebook, you’ll need to remember some specific criteria for your video.
- Facebook recommends an MP4 file format (although nearly video file types are accepted)
- The video resolution cannot exceed 1080p
- The video file size cannot be larger than 10 GB
- Videos must be 240 seconds (4 minutes) or less
- Audio compression must be Stereo AAC with a 128kbps compression
How to Edit Existing Videos on Facebook
In some cases, you might have to make some changes to an existing video on your Facebook Business Page. Fortunately, you can make edits to video footage on Facebook without having to delete and upload the video again.
- Click on the “Publishing Tools” tab at the top of the Page and then click on the “Video Library” section on the left side of the screen.
- Find the video you want to edit and click the icon pencil and paper icon associated with the video to begin editing.
- Once the appropriate changes are made, click on the “Save” button.
How to Add Captions to Videos on Facebook
Captions can be useful to many viewers even if they don’t have any hearing impairments. After uploading a video on your Timeline you can click on the “Generate” button at the top of the post, which lets Facebook automatically create captions for your video. However, you can edit them for accuracy before hitting that “Save to Video” button.
You can also opt to upload your own subtitles as a SubRip (.srt) file. However, make sure that the file is properly named and formatted based on the criteria below:
- For file names, make sure that it follows the proper naming convention below.
filename.[language code]_[country code].srt.
- There are also multiple criteria points for formatting:
- Make sure each subtitle has a unique sequence number starting with the number “1.”
- The timing stamps on the file should include every digit in the format of “hh:mm:ss,fff.” You should also add zeros in front of single digit numbers such as 03 or 09.
- Ensure that the text file is encoded in UTF-8
If your subtitle files meet these requirements, you can go ahead and upload them to the video on your Facebook business Page.
- When uploading the video, make sure to click on the “Subtitles & Captions (CC)” section on the right-hand column of the screen.
- Select the primary language of the captions, which you can find in the “Video Language” section. Finish the rest of your video settings and then either upload your custom captions or have Facebook automatically generate captions for you.
- Hit the “Publish” button to upload your video.
You can also add captions to existing video. Find the video post and then click on the three-dotted icon on the top-right corner of the post. Click on the “Edit Post” option and follow the same steps above to add subtitles.
How to Use Live Videos for a Facebook Business Page
Another way to reach audiences on your Page is by hosting a Live video by clicking on the “Live” button, which is in the “Create” row of features. From there, just select the camera you want to use to capture footage, and you’re ready to go.
At this point you can choose to immediately start your live stream or schedule it up to one week in advance. If you choose the latter option, you can provide additional details to those who might interested in watching such as time, date, and an image to hook people in for the event.
Once it’s scheduled, Facebook will automatically publish an announcement post about the upcoming livestream as well as a second post that shows up on the scheduled date and time of your live video.
The feature should be available on most smartphones that have a camera, but if you’re broadcasting from a computer, Facebook recommends that you use the Google Chrome web browser.
How to Add Facebook 360 Videos on Your Page
If traditional and live videos aren’t enough, then 360-degree video footage might be in order. This type of video content is made with special cameras that can capture the full 360 degrees of a scene at the same time.
Thankfully, you can upload 360-degree videos in the same manner as regular video content. However, you’ll need to tweak more video settings before uploading the footage.
- Click on the Photo/Video button on your Page.
- Select and upload the 360-degree video from your computer.
- Click on the “360 Director Tools” tab, hit the “360 Mode” selection and open the video options.
- Find the gear icon and select the correct video projection for your footage. You can also hover the headphone icon to see if your video includes spatial audio.
- If necessary, add or replace the many guide points on your video.
- Finalize the video’s publishing options and hit “Finish” to upload it.
Keep in mind that you need to make sure that the video file includes specific 360 or spherical metadata. Otherwise, the video won’t upload correctly. You can use the links below to help add metadata to your file. You can also check on Facebook’s requirements for acceptable 360-degree videos via a handy chart.
The Power of Video on a Facebook Page
Pictures may tell a thousand words, but the right video can do so much more for the consumer. Within a few seconds, your videos can tell someone if they should do business with you or another competitor.
Providing enough variety in your video content not only puts you front and center for current and potential consumers to see; it also shows that you’re willing to engage with them in many ways to earn their trust and investment.