It’s promising to be a busy holiday season – for gift-giving consumers and local business owners alike.
In the middle of all these preparations, online review site Yelp has announced the timely release of a new app that will help businesses connect more effectively with shoppers. The new Yelp for Business Owners app, available now for iOS and Android in all countries where Yelp has presence, includes real-time mobile notifications of new Yelp reviews and messages, ability to respond to reviews, as well as other features for helping business owners manage their online reputation on the go.
Here’s a quick rundown of the Yelp for Business Owners app review management features:
- Real-time push notifications whenever users leave an online review or send a message on Yelp
- Data on Yelp Business page activity, including the number of user views and customer leads generated over the past 30 days
- Ability to respond to online reviews by sending a private message or posting a public management response
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries via Yelp’s new messaging feature
- Data and reports on advertising performance and clicks (for Yelp advertisers)
We think that the new app is going to be an awesome review management tool for Yelp-listed business owners, especially those who do not necessarily want to sit in front of a computer all day just to monitor their reputation 24/7. According to Yelp data, “consumers are now sending an average of 55,000 messages each month to businesses through (the) free Message the Business tool. With more than 64 percent percent of Yelp searches done on mobile and 73 million monthly unique visitors using Yelp via their mobile device as of Q3 2014, it’s clear there’s a demand to conduct these conversations on the go.”
Added Greg Sterling of Marketing Land: “(Most business owners) are on the go, trying to run their businesses in the real world. It’s this population and use case that Yelp hopes to better serve with the new app…. In the future Yelp plans to allow business owners to update and change profile information, post photos and create offers and promotions. The launch version offers just the most immediate and basic functionality according to the company.”