45 percent of customers say they’re more likely to visit businesses that respond to their reviewsOnline Reviews Survey
Are online critics giving you a hard time and posting bad reviews of your business?
Worry not. You can still turn it all around. Recently, ratings and reviews aggregator Yelp introduced another new product feature for its community of local business owners: Yelp Gift Certificates. And they’re exactly what they sound like: full-price gift certificates that existing or potential customers can give to their friends, family, and loved ones so they can go and visit your business location, too.
(Find out how to claim your Yelp listing or business page.)
Here’s how Yelp Gift Certificates work:
- Choose the price points of the certificates that you wish to offer, ranging from $25 to $500
- Click “Post Gift Certificates” on your Yelp for Business Owners page to give Yelp users the option of buying these certificates through your Yelp listing or business page
- The Gift Certificates appear on your Yelp page and will be available for purchase immediately after you complete the online creation process
- There aren’t any upfront costs: for each gift certificate sold, Yelp retains 10 percent of the price while your take is 90 percent
- Your certificates are designed to be valid for everything you offer, including tax and gratuity
“Gift certificates are helpful for turning your existing customers into some of your best promoters,” wrote a Yelp product manager. “We’ve spent a lot of time working on this new feature and we’re eager to hear what business owners think.”
Must-Try Yelp Tips and Tools for Biz Owners
The new Gift Certificates feature serves as one of the several business owner tools on Yelp that you can use to build and enhance your online reputation. There’s definitely more you can do beyond just tracking Yelp reviews and responding to customers. Check out our list of recommended strategies:
Add photos. People will spend a lot more time on your Yelp listing if it has photos than if it doesn’t. That’s why you ought to add a bunch of great pictures (and videos) as soon as you’ve claimed your Yelp business listing. It’s a great way to get noticed and gain a quick advantage over your competitors!
Optimize your listing. More people will find your business location if they can find you on search engines. We here at ReviewTrackers recently published the ultimate guide for optimizing your Yelp listing, which you can check out to push your business at the top of the search rankings.
Create Yelp Deals. Looking to promote your business to new customers? Create Yelp Deals: a way of offering attractive discounts to those who might need one extra compelling reason to try your place out. By offering deals and discounts, you get to build positive buzz around your brand while also generating new opportunities to drive more business.
Looking for a better mousetrap? Sign up today to get started with ReviewTrackers, a scalable data collection and review management solution for tracking Yelp reviews.