What is Reputation Marketing Software?
Reputation marketing software equips companies with the tools and technology needed to track, manage, and analyze online activity, enabling them to listen and respond to customer feedback as well as positively influence online brand reputation.
Why Use Reputation Marketing Software?
Online reviews, social media comments, and customer feedback posted online play a major role in consumers’ purchase decisions. According to research:
- 90 percent of consumers say that their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews.
- 4 in 5 will reverse a purchase after reading negative reviews or feedback posted online.
Regardless of whether you’re running a small- or medium-sized business or managing an enterprise-level organization with hundreds or thousands of locations, it’s clear that reviews, social media comments, and similar online activities have a direct impact on your business reputation and performance.
This is where reputation marketing software comes in. It gives you the chance to engage with existing and potential customers in ways that protect and build your reputation. As customers talk to fellow consumers and share their experiences on multiple review sites and feedback channels, reputation marketing enables you to join — and (hopefully) positively shape — the conversation.
Reputation marketing software makes you more efficient
Tracking and managing online activities that affect your business reputation is frankly a lot of work.
Investing in reputation marketing software gives you the ability to centralize online reviews, social media comments, and customer feedback, so that you can efficiently stay on top of what your customers are saying online — and how they perceive your business.
Reputation marketing software improves perceptions
Customers want to be heard individually and addressed personally; their reviews and comments and recommendations on social media indicate a genuine desire to engage with businesses.
Responding to them through the use of reputation marketing software helps improve perceptions and foster trust.
- According to ReviewTrackers research, more than 50 percent of customers who have written online reviews expect a response in seven days or less. 1 in 4 have an even shorter time frame: they expect to hear back from the business within three days.
- Responding to customers also increases lifetime value and reduces churn. When customers do hear back, perceptions immediately improve, with additional research suggesting that 80 percent of consumers believe that a business cares more about them when its management responds.
Businesses that effectively use reputation marketing software to respond to customers are typically the ones that can more easily build goodwill, inspire customer loyalty, and extend customer lifetime value.
Reputation marketing software builds consumer trust
In today’s multichannel world, consumers actively seek information from all types of sources to guide their purchase decisions. Businesses that are highly visible in search results and on social media enjoy a natural advantage. But just because a business ranks number one on Google or has 1,000 more Facebook likes and Twitter followers than a competitor does not necessarily mean it has gained the trust of consumers.
One of the key factors in an organization’s ability to develop meaningful, trust-based relationships with customers is online reviews and similar forms of user-generated content. This is where reputation marketing software can help you.
- 72 percent of consumers trust reviews as much as recommendations from friends and family.
- According to Forrester Research, 46 percent of Internet users in the US trust user-generated content and consumer-written reviews. Only 15 percent trust promotional posts by companies and brands on social media. Consumers also trust online reviews over natural search engine results.
- Results from an About.com study indicate that 50 percent of consumers think that reviews (positive and negative) are the best peer-to-peer contribution to trust. Reviews inspire twice as much trust as general social networking likes.
In short, better reviews and stronger online reputation — not more likes — work strategically to help improve your influence, trustworthiness, and flexibility. With reputation marketing software, you can use reviews, social media comments, and customer feedback in ways that drive search engine performance, social media strategy, and consumer engagement levels.
Reputation marketing software inspires confidence and boosts SEO
A number of reputation marketing software products let business users add review content to their website, which serve as powerful testimonials for visitors and potential customers (see ReviewTrackers’ Amplify below).
Adding review content encourages user interaction and boosts shopper confidence.
- Product page visitors who read and interact with reviews convert at a 58 percent higher rate than those who don’t. They also reflect an increase of 62 percent in revenue per visit.
A website that integrates review content and customer feedback also enables unique SEO benefits. According to AdWeek, 800 words of substantive review text can make up as much as 70 percent of fresh content for a website page, which search engines will reward with higher search results.
Search Engine Journal, meanwhile, asserts that reviews can influence up to 10 percent of a company’s search ranking. Other benefits include improved on-site content density, increased triggers for search engine crawlers, and improved ranking for long-tail searches.
Reputation marketing software generates actionable insights
Similar to how the savviest reputation managers are extracting insights from social media comments, reputation marketing software can also harness reviews and feedback in order to gain insights on the customer experience.
By tapping into your precious review and feedback data, reputation marketing software can support the object of your analytics program and help your team make smart business decisions that will earn the trust of potential and existing customers.
With instant insights, your organization can make actionable changes.
Further Reading: What is Reputation Marketing?