Download 43 free review response templates for negative and positive reviewsGet the templates
How well do you know and understand your customers?
This is a question that customer experience software can help you answer. By providing you with the necessary tools, data, and technology, CX software will enable you to achieve a more accurate and complete picture of who your customers are, what their needs and wants are, and how to best engage with them.
What is Customer Experience Software?
Customer experience software is software (usually cloud-based) designed to help your organization skillfully manage all the interactions between your business and the customer.
Why is it important to manage these interactions?
Well, the cumulative impact of these interactions, at every touchpoint across the entire customer journey, is the customer experience.
- According to eMarketer, 88 percent of business executives believe that improving customer experiences is fundamental to future success, as well as improved brand reputation.
- Survey findings revealed that nearly half of digital buyers in the U.S. are unlikely to make another purchase if they had a bad customer experience.
- According to Marketo, loyal customers who have positive experiences are worth 10 times more than first-time purchasers, and returning customers spend 67 percent more than first-time customers.
In today’s customer-driven market realities, customer experience software can help you successfully achieve competitive differentiation.
Questions to Ask Your Customer Experience Software Provider
If you’re in the market for a tool or software to help you manage your company’s customer experience, you’ll realize that there are many providers to choose from.
You can hop on calls with as many customer experience software providers as you can for product demos and free trials. You can create a shortlist based on pricing and features. You can assess your options depending on online reviews and customer testimonials, or your familiarity with the various brands, or recommendations made by friends and colleagues.
No matter how you go about choosing your CX software provider, you have to be able to ask them the right questions. This helps you distinguish the differences between all the software products you’re considering and ultimately choose the one that will yield the best ROI.
Here are some questions you can ask:
- How accurate, timely, and reliable is the data? Your customer experience software should be able to help you access all the important information you need to stay on top of customers’ interactions and experiences with your business — in a way that is accurate, timely, and reliable.
- How easy is it to interact with the data on the dashboard? The most effective CX software products deliver exceptional user experiences, allowing businesses to simplify their processes and introduce operational efficiencies.
- Is the customer experience software equipped with analytical tools for generating actionable insights? Customer data is only as good as the insights you can gain from it. So, when evaluating CX providers, look for analytical tools — such as text analytics and sentiment analysis — that allow you to dive into the entire anatomy of feedback and other types of qualitative and quantitative customer data.
- What is the CX software’s level of support? The ideal customer experience software company is more than just a software developer — they are also your technology partner.
Remember: the best customer experience management and improvement strategy begins with getting the right software tool.
Customer Experience Software: Keys to Success
Involve your decision-makers. Some companies have made their marketing or customer service teams the owners of their organization’s customer experience program. But to improve CX and get the most value out of customer experience software, efforts must involve key decision-makers across the entire organization.
Map the customer journey. Where and how are the customer interactions taking place? At which touchpoints are customers most engaged with your brand? Customer journey mapping helps you understand the ways people come into contact with your brand: from awareness, discovery, and first contact, through research and selection, all the way to purchase and product and service delivery.
Listen to the Voice of the Customer. Customer experience software can help take the guesswork out of your strategy. Use it to listen to your customers, whenever and wherever they are talking: social media, online review sites, customer surveys, phone calls and emails, and other feedback channels.
Focus on insights. Global leaders in customer experience know how to make sense of the data that’s available to them. But according to Forbes Insights and SAS, 23 percent of companies still cite difficulties in understanding their data-to-insight processes. Which means they’re not making the most of customer experience software. Remember: data collection isn’t the end goal. Equipped with actionable, data-driven insights, you’ll be in a position to deliver experiences that open the door to a powerful brand connection with your customers.
Master reporting. CX software will collect and deliver a great amount of data for you, but the key is to report the right information to the right people at the right time. Resist sharing meaningless, non-actionable data to end recipients. Customer experience reporting should be tailored according to the department, role, and level of your recipients.